Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just an Afterthought

I had wound my handwraps too tightly around my wrists
And they throb
Just like Yun's face is throbbing now.
Everyone loves an underdog
Just not a dead one

The size-L t-shirt hides his medium build
But it ain't fooling Tom’s fists.

Tom’s heavily chiseled, alabaster
The Greek masterpiece we could never be
His stance is unorthodox
And he’s playing peek-a-boo
But it works for him
Nobody minds.

I advised, “Cinch him!” but the idea is preposterous.
I'm better off telling a nun to deepthroat
Still, Yun keeps going like the little engine that could.
But for every step he takes, Tom drives him back three
If not by choice, then by a cannonball to the head

Or a wrecking ball to the ribs
The sinews on his arms tense
But every jab that takes off never lands
Tom’s batting them aside like a manscaped King Kong
Yun sees the one from below, but not the hook from the side

His reacts like a fish caught and Tom's reeling him in
He’s on the floor
Splayed like an asterisk
Just an afterthought to this bout.

-v

6 comments:

  1. do all your pieces mention something sexual in it one way or another? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm better off telling a nun to deepthroat" -Damn Bro...really?!? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see it got your attention, then.

    No, the original didn't, but I was unsatisfied with the imagery ("I'm better off telling an amoeba to swallow a tractor-trailer"). Still, sex makes everything better.

    Well, it makes lil kids go tee-hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must take my hat off to you, you have a very special way with words. Mad props. I'm hating right now.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. your writing style reminds me of chuck palahniuk's. you should consider submitting something...somewhere if you haven't done so already. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that line: splayed like an asterisk. That's good.

    ReplyDelete